Beaulieu 4008 ZM II
marketed in 1971
silent super 8 cartridge
lens: interchangeable lenses C-mount type (1)
- Angenieux f: 1.9 \ F: 8-64 mm
- zooming ratio: 8x
- focusing: manual
- macro focusing: yes
zooming: auto with variable speed (2 to 12 sec) and manual
rangefinder: ground glass (2)
viewfinder: single-lens reflex type with adjustable eyepiece
viewfinder information: pointer needle of the exposure meter
exposure: auto and manual exposure control; TTL EE, CdS cell (3)
film speed: manual selection between 12 and 400 ASA
CCA filter: built-in 85A filter, with filter control key
shutter opening angle: <180 degrees, variable
2 fps = 1/7 - 1/14 sec
- 4 fps = 1/15 - 1/30 sec
8 fps = 1/30 - 1/60 sec
- 18 fps = 1/65 - 1/130 sec
- 25 fps = 1/87 - 1/175 sec
- 36 fps = 1/130 - 1/260 sec
- 50 fps = 1/175 - 1/350 sec
- 80 fps = 1/300 - 1/600 sec
fading: manual fade-in/fade-out
film rewinding: avaiable with a reverse wind device (4)
double exposure: superimpositions, manual lap dissolve
filming speed: 2, 4, 8, 18, 24, 36, 50, 70 fps, single frame
sound: double-system, sound recording with synchronized tape-recorder (5)
sound sockets: 2 sockets for tape-recorder star/stop socket and 1 socket for synchro pilot
remote control socket: yes
cable release socket: yes
movie light socket: no
flash synchronization contact: yes
film counter: 1-15 m
frame counter: 1-100 frames
battery check button yes
film drive motor: DC micromotor
power source: 250 mA/7.2 V accumulator
external power jack: with DC transformer, only for charging the battery
weight: 1500 g (body + lens)
dimensions: 70 x 170 x 260 mm
tripod socket: 1/4"
made in France by Beaulieu
Designed by Marcel Beaulieu.
(1) This model also was sold with Schneider Kreuznach Optivaron f: 1.8 \ F: 6-66 mm Macro.
(2) Retractable ground-glass provides choice of two viewing methods: (a) with ultra-luminous ground glass, for pin-point focusing and quality pictures, (b) withoud ground-glass, for general scenes, when aerial viewing is sufficiently precise.
(3) Auto exposure can be used if the cine-camera is equipped with a Reglomatic-type lens.
(4) Beaulieu ZM II and ZM IV models offer the possibilty to rewind the film, and double exposure. Beaulieu ZM IV offers a maximum 80 fps, while all other 4008 have 70 fps.
(5) 2 systems of synchro-sound recording (through socket of reverse wind device for synchro pilot and through two sockets used to start-stop a tape recorder).